Sunday, August 16, 2009
The Homestretch
We are almost done here in Oakland, I have just 6 more shifts before we leave. Our biggest event of the last couple weeks was a trip home. We had a really good time. Nate flew out a week before I did to spend some extra time in Kansas City with his family. Then I flew out and we spent a couple days in KC, then drove to the Chicago area and spent several days there. I flew from Chicago back to California to go back to work and Nate stayed for a couple days after that. He made a quick trip to Indianapolis to visit some friends and then drove to KC to fly to California. It was a busy couple weeks! We didn't get to make it down to Evansville, which was disappointing, but we did get to see Nate's aunt and uncle and their kids in KC, so that was good. Next Wednesday we are driving to Long Beach and then flying out of LA to Honolulu on Friday the 28th. We are pretty excited. We have been trying to find a place of our own with our housing stipend the company gives us, but I think we are going to end up taking the company housing in the end. It is going to be easier that way. So no snow for us this winter! I am not disappointed with that :). No driving to downtown Chicago in a blizzard, yay! We are definitely looking forward to people coming to visit us - so book those flights! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment